Skin Infections Treatment in Gurgaon
Skin is the largest organ of our body. Different layers of skin together confer protection to the internal organs of the body from infective organisms and many more things. However, as it is in maximum contact with the outer environment, sometimes the skin itself becomes infected by a wide variety of germs. The infection can vary from mild to serious and so is their treatment.
Types of Skin Infections
- Bacterial skin infection: It begins with small, red bumps that slowly increase in size, commonly develop pus in it and are generally painful. Bacterial skin infections include- impetigo, furuncles, boils, abscess, cellulitis.
- Fungal skin infections: Fungal infections are caused by the growth of different species of fungus (Dermatophytes and yeast) on skin. Majority of fungal infections are confined to superficial layers of the skin. It commonly develops in warm and moist areas of the body, such as the groin, feet & armpit but can affect other body parts, nail and hair as well. They are generally very itchy and are not life-threatening. Fungal infections include; ringworm, athlete’s foot, yeast infection, nail fungus, oral thrush, and intertrigo.
- Viral skin infections: Common Viral infections include- warts, shingles (herpes zoster), herpes labialis, chickenpox, molluscum contagiosum, measles and hand, foot & mouth disease.
- Parasitic skin infection: Parasitic skin infections include lice, scabies & cutaneous larva migrans. A parasitic infection isn’t life-threatening but can be uncomfortable as they are generally very itchy.
- Tubercular skin infection: Tubercular infection of the skin is uncommon compared to other skin infections. It often presents as persistent red scaly plaques spreading gradually in one direction and clearing from the other side.
Book an appointment with a dermatologist who can diagnose the skin infection after visible close examination, and guide you regarding the treatment.
Treatment of skin infections depends on its type, cause, and severity of the infection.
Bacterial infections can be treated with application of topical antibiotics directly to the skin or with oral dosage. Fungal skin infection can be comforted with antifungal creams and drugs. Viral skin infections may sometimes improve on their own within days or weeks, else proper medication may be recommended by the doctor. Parasitic skin infections are treated with medicated creams primarily.
Skin infections can range from mild to severe. If you experience a skin condition that is not normal and causing discomfort, make an appointment with your Skin doctor, for the necessary Skin Infections Treatment in Gurgaon.