When the pores on your skin are tight, it cause more light to be reflected, thus skin appearing more youthful, healthy and glowing. As we age the support of pores weakens and excess oil produced from the glands widens the pores making them more visible. People with extremely oily skin are more likely to have enlarged open pores especially in the T zone area.
Many internal and external factors are responsible for occurrence of open pores-
- An excessive amount of sebum production
- An increased volume of hair follicles
- Hereditary and genetics
- Aging and UV exposure
- Hormonal irregularities
If the open pores are taking away the sheen of your face then follow the following general measures which will help you in making open pores less noticeable. Much of this, you can do on your own.
- Cleanse your face twice daily with salicylic acid cleansers which will help to unclog pores and reduce oiliness.
- Use topical products containing nicotinamide, Vitamin C, AHAs, or retinol. Using proper skin care product may help in reducing skin pores.
- Use only non comedogenic skin care products.
- Protect your face with sunscreen every day.
- Exfoliate- Exfoliating may make pores less noticeable.
In those with severe open pore conditions dermatological procedures can be performed to make them less noticeable. This includes-
- Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing: Lasers work by boosting the production of collagen and elastin in the skin.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peel is effective in reducing the occurrence of open pores primarily by reducing excess sebum production.
- MNRF/Microneedling: It is an advanced procedure for the treatment of open pores as it helps in reducing pore size by making skin tighter through more collagen production.
- Mesobotox : It is a simple procedure in which diluted botox injection is given in skin. This reduces the oil glands size and their activity as a result of which skin pores shrink.
Generally multiple sessions are required to get the desired results.
So Consult a Dermatologist if you want to fade away your open pores and get the sheen back.