Pigmentation Treatment in Gurgaon
Hyperpigmentation means excess melanin is being produced in the skin causing the skin to darken in small patches, or covering large areas and rarely even the entire body. This condition isn’t harmful, but it can be a symptom of a medical condition. Skin dark patches are never desirable and can often take away your confidence making you conscious around people. Common causes of skin hyperpigmentation are-
- Melasma:In this dark brownish patches appear on the face commonly the cheek bones. It is caused by hormonal changes and mostly develops in women during pregnancy.
- Sunspots (Freckles) : It is caused due to excess sun exposure of the skin over time.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: It is a result of any kind of injury to the skin like burn and trauma. Also, some skin diseases (Lichen planus) leave pigmented marks while healing.
- Sun exposure: Excessive sun exposure leads to tanning in the skin.
- Acne: Zits often leave pigmented marks over the face.
- Birthmarks: Some birthmarks present as dark patches on the skin.
- Drugs: Certain medications and some chemotherapy drugs can lead to hyperpigmentation as a side effect.
- Acanthosis Nigricans, Vitamin B12 deficiency, Addison’s disease.
Treatment is directed towards –
- Eliminating the cause for pigmentation- Doctor would ascertain the cause of your problem by studying medical history of the patient, performing a physical examination and doing dermatoscopy. In certain cases, a skin biopsy may be required. After accurate diagnoses you will be guided regarding its treatment so that further progression of dark patches is halted.
- Providing skin lightening medications- Creams with skin lightening agents like kojic acid, retinoids, vitamin C, arbutin, licorice can help treat some cases of hyperpigmentation. Results may be visible in a few months time.
- Skin treatments- In some patients we need to take help of procedures to get faster and more complete response. At our clinic we do a multitude of treatments to meet this need.
Some of these treatments are listed below:-
- Fruit Peels
- Nd YAG pigment laser
- Carbon facial
- Fractional CO2 laser
It is important for you to know that hyperpigmentation is not harmful. Also, the right treatment for your condition may improve the appearance of skin. Just leave your skin worries and get the timely skin treatment to cure pigmentation and hyper pigmentation through Skin Care World. A Clear skin is the impression of your personality.